Pantone, worldwide color authority for the design industries, has selected Living Coral (PANTONE 16-1546 ) as its “Color of the Year” for 2019. Living Coral is an energizing, nourishing and life-affirming shade of orange with a golden undertone.
“We get energy from nature,” Pantone states. “Just as coral reefs are a source of sustenance and shelter to sea life, vibrant-yet-mellow Living Coral embraces us with warmth and nourishment to provide comfort and buoyancy in our continually shifting environment.”
Sociable and spirited, the engaging nature of Living Coral welcomes and encourages lighthearted activity, symbolizes our innate need for optimism and joyful pursuits, and embodies our desire for playful expression.
Representing the fusion of modern life, Living Coral is a nurturing color that appears in our natural surroundings and, at the same time, displays a lively presence within social media.
Living Coral Applications
- In Interior Décor and Furnishings With its ebullient nature, Living Coral adds a dramatic pop of color to any room setting whether in florals or other decorative accessories. When used as a bold statement, the hue fosters a playful spirit. In shag rugs, cozy blankets and lush upholsteries, it creates a warm, comforting and nurturing feeling in the home.
- In Product Design Living Coral is a convivial hue, naturally suited
for products across all ages and genders, exhibiting humanizing and heartening characteristics.
- In Fashion and Accessories Living Coral inspires experimentation and playful expression in both men’s and women’s street and runway styles. The warm hue suggests comfort and positivity in simple color stories but becomes more explorative and effervescent in patterns, textures and even monochrome looks. An appealing accent hue, Living Coral provides a striking contrast across the color spectrum.
- In Packaging Design Living Coral is naturally ideal for packaging applications, inviting consumers to reach out and touch.
- In Social Media An organic shade, Living Coral is striking in digital mediums. Its vibrancy and buoyancy capture people’s attention in social media and digital design.
20 Years of Pantone Colors
How many of these do you remember?
2018 – ULTRA VIOLET (Pantone 18-3838)
2017 – GREENERY (Pantone 15-0343)
2016 – SERENITY and ROSE QUARTZ (Pantone 15-3919; Pantone 13-1520)
2015 – MARSALA (Pantone 18-1438)
2014 – RADIANT ORCHID (Pantone 18-3224)
2013 – EMERALD (Pantone 17-5641)
2012 – TANGERINE TANGO (Pantone 17-1463)
2011 – HONEYSUCKLE (Pantone 18-2120)
2010 – TURQUOISE (Pantone 15-5519)
2009 – MIMOSA (Pantone 14-0848)
2008 – BLUE IRIS (Pantone 18-3943)
2007 – CHILI PEPPER (Pantone 19-1557)
2006 – SAND DOLLAR (Pantone 13-1106)
2005 – BLUE TURQUOISE (Pantone 15-5217)
2004 – TIGERLILY (Pantone 17-1456)
2003 – AQUA SKY (Pantone 14-4811)
2002 – TRUE RED (Pantone 19-1664)
2001 – FUCHSIA ROSE (Pantone 17-2031)
2000 – CERULEAN (Pantone 15-4020)
For more information on the Pantone Color of the Year for 2019, visit www.pantone.com/color-of-the-year-2019.