Are you attending the RHS Chelsea Flower Show this year? From show-stopping floral displays to fascinating scientific innovations, retail therapy and more, there’s something for everyone at the show. And that includes a new section all about the positive impact of plants and more designs exploring smaller garden spaces.
So, don’t miss a thing and keep reading to explore all the things RHS Chelsea has to offer this year…
When is the RHS Chelsea Flower Show?
This year, the Chelsea Flower Show runs from Tuesday 24th May until Saturday 28th May on the Royal Hospital Chelsea grounds in London, UK.
From Tuesday to Friday, the doors are open from 8am-8pm, and Friday has an exclusive Late entry ticket until 10pm too. On Saturday, you have from 8am – 5:30pm to make your way around.
Tuesday and Wednesday are member-only days, but it’s open to the general public the rest of the time.
You can purchase your tickets here >
The RHS Chelsea Flower Show Gardens
As in previous years, the Chelsea Flower Show is showcasing all kinds of gardens and styles to suit every outside space to show that everyone can have a garden they love. There are several categories to explore:
- All About Plants – focuses on the textures, atmospheres, and immersive feeling you can experience with different kinds of plants.
- Balcony Gardens – explores how small is beautiful and how nature and biodiversity can thrive in any space.
- Container Gardens – shares how containers work with the plants to evoke different feelings and cope with different conditions.
- Feature Gardens – inspiring gardens designed to encourage people to be more bee-friendly.
- Sanctuary Gardens – showcases how plants can help any area become a sanctuary.
- Show Gardens – designed to celebrate innovative garden ideas and showcase how one idea can influence an entire space.
The RHS Chelsea Flower Show Exhibitors
The slew of 2022 retail exhibitors is offering everything from hand-finished furniture to blinds and shutters, swimming ponds, fine art, bespoke mosaics, floral jewellery, clothing, wallpaper, and much more.
You’ll also find a range of exotic, unusual and magnificent plants available to purchase in the Great Pavilion with their expert growers and horticulturists on hand to offer handy advice.
If you’re looking for inspiration or help to transform your space inside or out, there will be many floral designers and florists with bespoke tablescapes to showcase their talents.
Other things to see and do at RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2022
As well as all manner of gardening, floristry, and horticulture things for sale and the innovative and thought-provoking show gardens to explore, the 2022 RHS Chelsea Flower show offers far more to find and see:
Explore the RHS Discover Zone
For the more science and technically minded gardeners out there, checking out the RHS Discovery area is a must. From Bee conservation ideas to seed diversity, carbon offsetting, and animal health, this year is all about conversation techniques and how you can support plant health, sustainability, and biodiversity. For example, the London Fire Brigade Garden offers a dramatic look into home and garden flooding!
Countdown all the installations
A large part of the RHS Chelsea Flower Show experience is seeing larger than life plant and flower arrangements and discovering how versatile they can be. To support this, there are nine installations located around the show for attendees to explore the different ways plants can be used and learn more about the gardening process.
Check out the Houseplant Studio
It’s no secret that houseplants have soared in popularity since the Covid-19 Pandemic hit. It’s bought in a host of new plant parents to the industry, and to help them maintain their new greenery, the Houseplant studio is ready.
As well as a range of displays exploring the positive impact of houseplants, the Studio is all prepped with loads of other fun things to do:
- The Plant Clinic can offer advice to concerned owners about what ails their plants and provide information on better ways to care for them.
- There is also a section on trailing and vining plants for those who want to explore ways to make their homes a green haven.
- A sensory area helps you understand how plants react to touch, sound, and light.
- Head back to the ’70s with the Party Plant area with retro houseplants, a green-filled dancefloor and a bar offering unique ‘refreshments’.
- You can also explore how plants improve workplace wellbeing and how you can nurture them.
Get your ticket for Chelsea Late
This unique ticket offers you regular access to the Show on Friday from 5:30pm, but come 8pm, you can stay and head over to the Ranelagh Gardens for a more private, flower-filled event. From face painting and flower crowns to food and drink, workshops, and live music, it’s sure to be a magical night. Find out more here >
The RHS Chelsea Flower Show offers an all-encompassing look at the flowers, gardens and spaces we create in our homes and workplaces. It’s an event that explores so much of the flower and plant industry, so there will no doubt be something to interest everyone. Ready to buy your ticket and start planning?
Head of Content & Outreach